We are now well into April and you can start to feel a chill in the air. I was updating my phone this morning which means backing up all my photos which I have taken over the last few months. Its been an interesting summer with I’ll attempt to cover briefly with my poor quality phone photos. We also grew some sorghum this summer, but that is covered in other posts.
This year we applied more paraquat than ever to combat our rising glyphosate resistance issues. Combining several modes of action we were able to control most problem weeds and prevent them from seeding.
This photo shows where we had lightly disced a headland to to level it out. Unfortunately, due to burying surface seed and disturbing our residual chemical, this promoted an extremely high germination of barnyard grass.
We had a couple wild storms this summer. They did not bring a lot of rain but managed to do plenty of damage.
By February we had started applying urea for our winter crop. We used a disc seeder so there was minimal soil disturbance and low fuel consumption.
Then it rained again – we did more spraying…
I am looking forward to the 2013 winter growing season. Good luck to everyone and God bless!