#SocialWeatherFeed allows anyone to create a Twitter account (or use your own) to give a weather update for a selected weather station in Australia. It uses BoM weather data to give text updates every 3 hours and a 3 day charted history every morning.
It has taken me a while to figure out the best way to implement it and I am not sure if I have found it – but this is it for the moment.
Here is a list of the active Twitter accounts using #SocialWeatherFeed:
- @MoreeWeather – Moree Aero
To add to this list you need to:
- Create a new Twitter account (you will need to use a different email address to your original account to open a second) and call it something like ‘Townsville Weather’
- Go to http://socialweatherfeed.appspot.com
- Select the weather station from the drop down box and ‘Submit Query’
- Authorise the Twitter account and you’re away!
- Let me know and I’ll add it to the list